1.- In vivo rodent stroke models
- Focal cerebral ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) transient and permanent.
- Global cerebral ischemia by transient 2-vessel occlusion (2VO).
- Photochemically induced thrombotic ischemia.
Behavioral analysis, histological evaluation of brain infarction and brain repair, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mRNA and protein analysis of specific cell signaling pathways, confocal microscopy.
2.- Ex vivo stroke models
- Oxygen and glucose deprivation in acute brain slices.
- Oxygen and glucose deprivation in cultured organotypic hippocampal slices.
Cell mortality and cell survival evaluation, mRNA and protein analysis of different cell signaling and/or cell death pathways, confocal microscopy.
3.- In vivo Alzheimer’s disease models
- APPswe/PS1deltaE9 transgenic mouse model.
Behavioral analysis, beta amyloid plate deposition and Tau phosphorylation evaluation, mRNA and protein analysis of specific signaling pathways, confocal microscopy.
4.- In vivo Parkinson’s disease models
- Nigrostriatal 6-hydroxydopamine hemilateral injection in rat.
Behavioral analysis, histological evaluation of dopaminergic neuronal loss, mRNA and protein analysis of specific cell signaling pathways, confocal microscopy.
5.- In vivo inflammation models
- Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)- induced cytokine release in mouse.
Serum quantification of proinflammatory cytokines and C reactive protein.
6.- In vivo osteoarthritis models
- Anterior cruciate ligament transection (ACLT) in rabbit.
Evaluation of cartilage lesions by histopathology in compliance with Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) guidelines, evaluation of OA joint status after ACLT by MRI and conventional radiology.
7.- Cellular models for antiviral activity
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) infection in Vero cells (Biosecurity level 2).
- Human SARS-CoV-2 infection in A549 lung cells (Biosecurity level 3).
Cytopathic effect (CPE) and Tissue Culture Infection Dose (TCID50) as determination of antiviral activity, viral load quantification by qPCR and proteins, viral titration.
8.- Cellular models for antibacterial activity
- Staphylococcus aureus, Listeria monocytogenes, Shigella flexneri, Salmonella typhimurium (Biosecurity level 2).
Bactericide effects, cytotoxic effects in different animal cells (CPE) to determine antibacterial activity, bacterial adhesion, internalization and intracellular survival.
8.- Stromal vascular fraction (from human or rat fat tissue)
- Mesenchymal stem cell (MSCs) obtaining and differentiation assays.
Obtaining MSCs with specific devices or with collagenases, chondrogenic, osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation.
9.- Molecular biology services
Protein assays (ELISA, IHC, WB), mRNA expression by RT-qPCR, protein and phospho-protein profiling (antibody array), mammalian cell culture, plasmid construction, mini and midi-prep, plasmid transfection and viral transduction, dose-response assays, exosome isolation and characterization, fluorescence and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, image analysis, statistical analysis.